MCC Gaming Club

A Club where gamers of all kinds can gather to learn, play, and have fun

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Muskegon Community College Gaming Club forums.

Share | 

Games that we can put on the computers.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mech__Warrior

PostSubject: Games that we can put on the computers.   Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:52 pm

Lately, I've been feeling rather nostalgic and wanted to find some games we could put on all the computers in the lab. So, I did some digging around at home and online and found two classics that I think everyone would enjoy.

1. Unreal Tournament (Yes, the original.)

I can't remember exactly, but I'm sure we can put this on every single computer and not have a problem with CD keys because it never came with one. That and due to it being so old, I'm sure it will flow fluidly and provide an arcade feel to a First Person Shooter. Multiplayer is what this game was made for back in 1999 or so, I think it should be given a second chance.

2. Command and Conquer; Tiberium Sun

A Real-Time Strategy for just about everyone out there. It's being offered for free at this web site seems how it's been about ten years since its release. http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic Probably should test the site and the download first before we make any major decision, but I played this a lot back in my youth. (12 years old Razz) It's a lot of fun and the tech level can be modified so you don't feel swamped by the technology tree. (I hope everyone is familiar with that term. If not, a tech tree is the set of buildings you must build to create new stuff.)

Anyway, these are just some ideas for the club to get other people interested in certain video game types. Hopefully I'll hear back from you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anime_Otaku

PostSubject: Re: Games that we can put on the computers.   Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:45 pm

I'd love to try this but must sadly say that I never played either of them. Never got a good computer untill 2000, no internet untill 2002 and that was dial up so I relied on consol gaming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toebo23

PostSubject: Re: Games that we can put on the computers.   Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:19 am

Played them both. never cared for C&C TS. to many engineer raids with them mole tank things.. how often are people in the lab. would like to catch people in there for a change. [img][/img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toebo23

PostSubject: Re: Games that we can put on the computers.   Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:23 am

Ill play the hech out of some re alert
Anime_Otaku wrote:
I'd love to try this but must sadly say that I never played either of them. Never got a good computer untill 2000, no internet untill 2002 and that was dial up so I relied on consol gaming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SYST3M3RROR

PostSubject: Re: Games that we can put on the computers.   Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:44 am

Are we only allowed to put CD games on the computers there or can we download games from the internet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mech__Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Games that we can put on the computers.   Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:32 am

SYST3M3RROR wrote:
Are we only allowed to put CD games on the computers there or can we download games from the internet?

CD games are fine, but for something everyone can play, it either needs to not require a CD key or that it can put a playable version on the computers, like Starcraft did.

EDIT: Yeah, on that website, there is C&C: Red Alert if you guys want to play that instead. Hopefully I can also get my Red Alert 2 disk working on these too, that was a lot of fun.

Another game I would like to present is Tribes 2. That game has been dead a very long time and whenever I played against the bots, it was a lot of fun but they never used vehicles. (I love vehicles if you couldn't already tell.) So, that would be something fun to try as well.

Tribes 2 is here: http://www.tribesnext.com/

I wonder if I could do the same to Command and Conquer Renegade.

Last edited by Mech__Warrior on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Remembered stuff.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vice

PostSubject: Re: Games that we can put on the computers.   Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Toebo23 wrote:
how often are people in the lab. would like to catch people in there for a change. [img][/img]

In there almost every tuesday and thursday 1-3ish sometimes i leave sooner or do not go but most of the time i am there... i am the really tall guy with glasses. will probably be there this tuesday and most tuesdays for sure so i can be around for the meeting at 5:30 even though i have to wait around for an hour after the lab shuts down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mech__Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Games that we can put on the computers.   Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:14 pm

All right, I'll be working on this our next couple of lab times. Probably will go smoother if I had some help, but hopefully it won't be too bad.

In addition, I was thinking about bringing in some of my games I hardly play for all of us to try out on some gaming machines. (My rig is kind of poor quality.) I only have a few things that make me nervous. I would like them back at some point, maybe when the summer rolls around. And...I can't remember the rest. Neutral But, if I do get permission to bring them in, treat them with care and all that jazz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix52

PostSubject: Sweetness!   Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:11 pm

I think i heard a chorus of angels when you mentioned Tribes 2. This will be epic!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mech__Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Games that we can put on the computers.   Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:44 am

Phoenix52 wrote:
I think i heard a chorus of angels when you mentioned Tribes 2. This will be epic!!

Yeah, I tested it out one day and I had four people want to play with me. Seems how I'm the only one familiar with the control scheme.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phoenix52

PostSubject: Re: Games that we can put on the computers.   Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:01 am

I used to be familiar with it but I haven't played in years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games that we can put on the computers.   

Back to top Go down

Games that we can put on the computers.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1