MCC Gaming Club

A Club where gamers of all kinds can gather to learn, play, and have fun

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Muskegon Community College Gaming Club forums.

Share | 

Club Meeting -/- October 11th-12th, 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cpt._Michael_Kurenai

PostSubject: Club Meeting -/- October 11th-12th, 2010   Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:07 pm

(Unfinished)

October 11th

*Officer Elections (Voting taking place THIS WEEK)

*Tournaments
-Thursdays or Fridays

*Extra Life 2010
-The owner of Game On! in Grand Haven has offered the use of his store for Extra Life. There are plenty of computers and consoles in the store for use, though anyone wanting to play a game on the PS3 will need to bring their own.

*Gaming Expo Proposal
-The proposal to the MCC board is being written this week. Once it is approved, we will begin by setting up the main committee.

*Fundraisers/Game Expo Events
-Gaming Bake Sale
--I want a Pac-man cookie! Very Happy
-Game Raffle ideas
--Three raffles, one for a PS3 game, one for a 360 game, and one for a Wii game
--Raffle off game store gift cards for people to choose how they spend it
-MCC Dungeon Crawl
--Sell twelve maps of MCC divided into a grid like a dungeon
-'Booth Babes'

*Organize a day to go see the movie "Tron: Legacy"

October 12th

*Officer Elections (Voting taking place THIS WEEK)
-Secretary
--Michael Fox
--[s]Mitch Piotrowski[/s] (Dropped out due to attendance issues)
--[s]Eric Stark[/s] (Withdrew to be on Gaming Expo Committee)

-Treasurer
--Mike Shields
--Nikki Schumaker

*Mascot (Voting to take place next week)
8-Bit Jayhawk
Snworm

*Convention Name (Voting to take place next week)
Contact
ConSole
West Mchigan Gaming Expo
Condoit
ConCon
The Game
ConDiTion
Continuum
ConSortium
ConPact
ConQuest
Conquer
ConDescend
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s6.zetaboards.com/The_Final_Forum/index/
AlphaSphynX

PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting -/- October 11th-12th, 2010   Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:14 am

Up until this morning when one of my friends in physics informed me, I had no idea voting had already taken place. My other friend and I were completely unaware of not having a meeting today or that voting was going to take place during the meetings. I really wish someone would have been posted on these forums about when the voting was going to take place or that we were only going to have a meeting mon/tues this week. I know that there was an email sent out(but I don't check my school email that often. I guess I should do it daily...) about the meetings being mon/tues, but I just think it was a big enough issue to make a post about. The main thing is nothing was sent out about when the voting was going to take place besides "next week." Actually, the last thing I heard about the voting was that it was going to held online...Anyways, if I would have known that the voting would be during the meetings and that we weren't going to have a Wednesday meeting, I would have made time to come in Tuesday...But oh well, the voting is done. Hopefully this type of problem might be fixed in the future. Congrats to the winners.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/nikki.schumaker
Toebo23

PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting -/- October 11th-12th, 2010   Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:07 pm

we still got our mondays meetings?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt._Michael_Kurenai

PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting -/- October 11th-12th, 2010   Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Yeah, I believe so. Although there were only one or two new people at that meeting that we had not seen at any previous meeting. We had hoped to see a better turnout of new faces....

As I was just elected Secretary this week, I had no say in when the voting was held... and when it came, there wasn't much in the way of an actual race for either position.

As for sending out emails, Chris has the list of member's emails.... I do not. But, while I feel that people should be checking the forums instead of relying on email to keep up with club activities,, I know there are people who, for some reason or another, will not join the forum. And I will see what I can do for them. Maybe a weekly newsletter or something is in order......
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s6.zetaboards.com/The_Final_Forum/index/
AlphaSphynX

PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting -/- October 11th-12th, 2010   Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:30 am

I understand Michael. I wasn't targeting you at all, more so whoever was in charge of informing members of news at the time. I just felt I had to post this in hopes of calling to attention a problem, and since the elections topic was closed, this was the next closest topic. I understand there wasn't much of a race for either position, but that's no reason to get sloppy or careless. Obviously there was a race for Treasurer, even if there was only two people and only one person running for Secretary. If there wasn't a race for either position, I could understand not stating when the voting was going to take place and where in emails or on the forum. But that's unacceptable for a position that does have a reason to have voters. Imagine the turnout for any State or National election if there was absolutely no coverage of it before the vote. It would be a very small fraction for the turnout compared to if there was coverage and information given out regularly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/nikki.schumaker
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Meeting -/- October 11th-12th, 2010   

Back to top Go down

Club Meeting -/- October 11th-12th, 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1