MCC Gaming Club

A Club where gamers of all kinds can gather to learn, play, and have fun

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Muskegon Community College Gaming Club forums.

Share | 

Club Meetings -/- Notes for November 15th & 17th

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cpt._Michael_Kurenai

PostSubject: Club Meetings -/- Notes for November 15th & 17th   Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:27 pm

Monday, November 15th

Friday Tournaments
-Due to a lack of attendance last Friday, we will be returning to the 12-3 PM timeframe for the tournaments.

Game Previews in Collegiate Hall
-We came up with more than a dozen ideas for games we could do if we rented Collegiate Hall for a day. I don't have the list of them, 'cause I had to leave before I could get it from Amy.

Gaming Expo
-First, a side note. The club's Constitution really sucks at listing my job responsibilities. Also, I want a new name, 'cause even our adviser got me and Mike Shields mixed up.
-The Expo Committee has been decided. I cannot and will not attempt to spell their last names, but Eric, Mitch, and Kendra make up the committee. They will be in charge of planning the expo and forming smaller committees to handle other details as needed, and will periodically present their findings and suggestions to the club Officers for approval.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s6.zetaboards.com/The_Final_Forum/index/
Cpt._Michael_Kurenai

PostSubject: Re: Club Meetings -/- Notes for November 15th & 17th   Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:39 am

Wednesday, November 17th

Far Cry 2 Tournaments
-Once again, the tournament times have been moved back to 12-3. Please come! We need more players to shoot. Very Happy

Miniature [s]Pony[/s] Gaming Expo

We are aiming to host a preview of our Gaming Expo on January 14th, which is the Friday of the first week of school. Our time frame is currently from Noon to 8-9PM. Currently, we have planned for several events-

• D&D: Three events, 1-3 tables
  • Magic: Two tables (One for people to bring their own decks, and one for n00bs who have never played before
  • Chess: One long table, 2-3 tables
  • Classic Board Games: Two tables, several games (Monopoly, Risk, etc)
  • Euchre: 1-2 tables
  • 40K: 1 table, 3 events of 500 point games
  • Retro Games: One projecter, various old games
  • Multiplayer Games: Halo, CoD, Guitar Hero, Mario Cart, Wii Sports, etc.

We looked at the prices of beverages for the event. Even with a ten percent discount for booking in advanced, a can of pop would cost about $1.12. We hope we can get another discount if we ask Jim to help us, but we're counting on the ten percent discount alone.

That's all for this week. Next week, we only have one meeting, Monday at 5:30 in room 1204. See you there!

Michael Fox
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s6.zetaboards.com/The_Final_Forum/index/

Club Meetings -/- Notes for November 15th & 17th
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1