MCC Gaming Club

A Club where gamers of all kinds can gather to learn, play, and have fun

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Muskegon Community College Gaming Club forums.

Share | 

Officer Election Amendment -/- Passed February 16th. 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cpt._Michael_Kurenai

PostSubject: Officer Election Amendment -/- Passed February 16th. 2011   Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:50 pm

Amendment I
This amendment makes changes to Article V of the Gaming Club Constitution. It is not official until approved by a two-thirds majority of the Gaming Club population.

I. Officer Elections
A) Officers are elected by popular vote of all members of the club.
i. The nominee for each officer position who receives the most votes will be elected to the position.
ii. A vote may be counted either by paper ballot or by show of hands.
a) In the case of vote by ballot, voter's name must be written on ballot to ensure only member's (those who have paid dues) votes are counted.
b) In case of vote by show of hands, non-members may be asked to leave the room to ensure proper tally.
iii. In the case of a tie between two or more nominees, a recount can be motioned for only once. This recount must be finished by the end of the next meeting.
a) If a recount still results in a tie, then a vote to break the tie will be held. The club officers have the sole responsibility of resolving ties. If one or more of the club officers is not in attendance, the adviser or a substitute agreed apon by all present officers may be used.
II. Election Procedures
A. At the first business meeting of the Winter semester, the current officers will confirm membership status of all Gaming Club members, and thus their eligibility to be a nominee for one of the three Officer positions, as well as the rest of the members who may vote for those nominees.
B. At the second business meeting, all members who wish to run for all given offices will make their intentions known. The current Cartographer shall check each nominee's eligibility, then give the Game Master the final list of eligible nominees.
C. Between the second and third business meetings of the Winter semester, the eligible nominees will be allowed to make their case as to why they deserve said position on the Gaming Club forums. Said cases shall NOT consist of political mudslinging, but of nominee's reasons why they are the best choice for the officer position.
D. At the third business meeting of the semester, the nominees will be given one final chance to make their case, then the club will be allowed to vote for their choice for each position. The votes will be tallied and announced to the club before the end of the meeting.
E. The newly elected officers will begin their duties as of the next applicable event/meeting.

C. Special Elections
A) In cases of Impeachment or Resignation, a separate set of guidelines should be followed to fill the vacated position until the next annual Election.
i. After an officer has resigned, or a two-thirds majority has been reached in the case of impeachment, the GM and/or the Advisor have two(2) weeks to arrange for a special vote at the next business meeting to replace the resigned/impeached officer.
ii. Anyone may run for the vacant position as long as they meet the qualifications, and they have until the next business meeting to make their case on the Gaming Club forums as to why they should be elected to the position.
iii. At the next business meeting, the nominees will be given one final chance to make their case, the the club will be allowed to vote for their choice for each position. The votes will be tallied and announced to the club before the end of the meeting.

Last edited by Cpt._Michael_Kurenai on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s6.zetaboards.com/The_Final_Forum/index/
Cpt._Michael_Kurenai

PostSubject: Re: Officer Election Amendment -/- Passed February 16th. 2011   Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Please read over these. I was asked to write these bylaws at today's meeting, and I think they're ready to go.

As discussed in today's meeting, we are thinking of having Officer Elections every Janurary from now on, as Chris did not feel right being elected as he was at the first meeting (basically, we all just said 'Sure, he's GM). That also means that ALL officers positions might be up for grabs.

These bylaws, and the idea of having elections in January, may change.... i dunno, the meetings move so fast it's hard for me to keep up sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Cpt._Michael_Kurenai

PostSubject: Re: Officer Election Amendment -/- Passed February 16th. 2011   Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:14 pm

Due to someone's misunderstanding of the difference between Bylaws and Amendments, the above bylaw has been rewritten into an amendment of Article V of the Gaming Club Constitution, to be voted on as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Cpt._Michael_Kurenai

PostSubject: Re: Officer Election Amendment -/- Passed February 16th. 2011   Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:00 pm

This amendment has been passed, and the Constitution has been updated.

Michael Fox, Cartographer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Officer Election Amendment -/- Passed February 16th. 2011   

Back to top Go down

Officer Election Amendment -/- Passed February 16th. 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1