MCC Gaming Club

A Club where gamers of all kinds can gather to learn, play, and have fun

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Muskegon Community College Gaming Club forums.

Share | 

Star Wars The Old Republic in West Michigan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ahreth

PostSubject: Star Wars The Old Republic in West Michigan   Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:49 am

Hello all,
This is Ryan, the guy who used to run Game On! in Grand Haven. I wanted to let all your gamers know that we have a group going on facebook of West Michigan Gamers who are going to be playing The Old Republic. I know that there were quite a few people who were interested in this game. So I am inviting all of you who are wanting to play join us on FB http://www.facebook.com/groups/132993780129435/ add yourself and invite anyone you know who is going to play. We would like the Majority of the players to be from West Michigan but West Michigan players can invite their friends. Right now we are choosing the type of server; PvP, PvE. or RP, and we are also choosing the Guild Name. We are looking at playing for the Republic, but if the majority of players want to play for Sith we may switch. Bioware has a section on the website where you can set up a guild now and have it active in game on day 1. As soon as we nail our name and what server I will be creating the guild so at launch the guild will be set up.

Bioware is now offering those who pre-order the chance to play the game before the official release, which if i had to guess one or two weeks before official release. There are 3 editions you can order; http://www.swtor.com/preorder
Being Bioware they have not released an official date of release, but rumor is this Christmas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X52495the2nd
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic in West Michigan   Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:45 pm

It looked pretty interesting and I've always been a fan of the entire star wars everything from the day I watched A New Hope. I'll probably end up trying it out at some point or another and if it keeps me interested enough to stick with it, I'll hit up the link and join
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Mitch.Piotrowski.1
Ahreth

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic in West Michigan   Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:37 am

Hey guys! I just wanted to give you an update on SWTOR. Bioware is increasing the beta testers every weekend, they are working their way to a population stress test. Just go here to register http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111004

The release date has been set to Dec 20, 2011 and the Collectors Edition actually has a limited quantity so if you would want one you probably want to find one and order it now.

I have been playing the beta for 3 weeks now and I have to say WOW! Even with the some of the minor bugs in the game in beta, its pretty awesome. I won't be naive and say it's a WoW killer, but it will be a very strong competitor. While there are some similarities to the HUD, controls, action bar, and some questing objectives to WoW, that's where the similarities end. Questing, even though the objectives are similar (go kill this, go collect that), is a ton better than WoW just because of the quest givers. Each and every Quest Giver has a unique story and dialogue for each quest with multiple dialogue options for your character as well, which has good, neutral or negative results in many ways, ie, your relationship with your crew companions, lightside or darkside points, and more. Flashpoint events are awesome and really make you feel like you have a major role in the story. I have samples most classes and all of them are fun to play and so far I think all are about equal in usefulness. All in all a great game, but don't take my word for it go try and get in the beta.

What are the system requirements for the game?

beta requires 30gb hd space

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better
Operating System:
Windows XP or later

RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM

Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better
nVidia 7800 or better
Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only) Internet connection required to play.

I got this from the website FAQ page. I am gonna guess that these will be the minimum requirements. Currently with the beta if you have an ATI card you need to roll back your drivers to version 11.7. Hopefully 11.8 will be supported by release.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Old Republic in West Michigan   

Back to top Go down

Star Wars The Old Republic in West Michigan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1